Saturday 18 June 2022

Micros from Hook Norton

 It is great to be getting larger catches but having spent the last few days doing nothing but look at moths I still have a number from Hook Norton Railway Cutting to identify and would welcome any help. Unfortunately all these photos are of dead specimens as with the heat I could not get these to settle sufficiently even when they had been in the fridge.

A 11mm

B 5mm
C 8mm
D 7mm
E 6mm Possibly Paraswammerdamia albicapitella?
F 6mm
G 7mm

Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to offer.

Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,
    Difficult! I can do the first and last, which are Ptycholoma lecheana and Epermenia falciformis, while I think you are correct that the fifth is albicapitella. The third is a Metzneria species which would need the chop anyway to get safely to species. The other images aren't really clear enough to say what they might be, although I'd guess at Elachista for (2) and a tortrix in the area of Grapholita for (4). Nothing springs immediately to mind for (6) although the general shape reminds me of a tineid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Every little helps and a couple there for Peter. I thought 6 might be a tinead based on shape (easier when the moth is alive).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.