Wednesday 8 June 2022

More Clearwings

My first result to one of the clearwing pheromones was achieved at about 2pm yesterday afternoon when the FOR lure brought in Red-tipped Clearwing (two individuals).  That lure was then replaced outside by VES which by 5pm had attracted Nemapogon koenigi, a known by-catch of that particular pheromone.

Red-tipped Clearwing, Westcott 7th June

Nemapogon koenigi, Westcott 7th June

There are getting on for 20 records of Nemapogon koenigi in Bucks (the species was formerly known as N.wolfiella), but they are from only half a dozen sites so it is probably under-recorded.

In a brief sunny interlude between thundery showers late this afternoon I tried the TIP lure and it brought in a Currant Clearwing at 5.30pm.

Currant Clearwing, Westcott 8th June

Dave Wilton Westcott, Bucks

1 comment:

  1. Based on this, I now realise that I had misidentified this species in my VES lure the other day. I dimissed it as Monopis laevigata.
    What a useful post!!
    Thanks
    Phil T

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.