Sunday 2 June 2019

A few from June 1st, Marlow Bottom

Last night's trap was not too exciting. The temperature seemed to fall away quite rapidly, so numbers were lower than I was hoping for.  That said, I did get a new moth for the garden Aethes smeathmanniana.


And Apotomis capreana, which hasn't turned up here very often.


I also had another mare trying to pot a micro at the bottom of an egg cup, which managed to escape around the sides of the pot.  It is a tortrix and looked very orange with no obvious markings, c10mm long and elongated in shape.  It doesn't seem to fit the orange micros I'm familiar with, but maybe it's just worn.  Any ideas anyone?


And finally, below is the only pug that wasn't Common or Mottled. Am I safe in calling it Grey rather than sending it off to Peter?


Adam Bassett

1 comment:

  1. Send them both on to me Adam, the orangey one may be Bactra furfurana

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.