Friday 1 June 2018

Duponchelia fovealis

Last year on 23 June I found a Duponchelia fovealis in the house.  Last night there was what appears to be another, but this time in the trap.  My only doubt with this one is that the indentation in the outer cross line is not nearly as sharp or deep as those examples shown on various websites, however, I can't think what else it could be, so any comments welcomed.  And I've kept the moth in case it needs closer examination.



Must get a better camera . . . . . . . .

Richard Ellis
Chorleywood

3 comments:

  1. Hi Richard, what about Eudonia mercurella?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter. Yes, I see what you mean. It's clearly not in the best of health, resting in a more of an equilateral triangle shape than is normal for E. mercurella, which is probably what has confused me. Is it worth me putting aside for you to look at later on?

      Delete
  2. Yes of course, just in case...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.