Tuesday 2 August 2022

Wormwood

Although they all seem to be reluctant to come to light, I've always hoped I'd get one of the less common members of the Shark family in the garden one day, with Chamomile Shark Cucullia chamomillae top of my 'expected' list as there is a larval record from 2015 in the fields near the entrance to nearby Finemere Wood (those fields now a massive aggregate dumping ground for HS2 Ltd).  Classed as Local, that species still hasn't turned up here yet, so I was very pleasantly surprised when Wormwood Cucullia absinthii appeared in the actinic trap last night.  This one is Nationally Scarce and my sighting is only the third post-millennium record for Bucks.

Wormwood, Westcott 1st August

Wormwood, Westcott 1st August

Dave Wilton Westcott, Bucks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.