Thursday 9 April 2020

A garden first in Longwick

I know to many this will be common but the oak tree three doors away finally gave up a Frosted Green this morning. It has only taken twenty years! Just shows how greater effort pulls in the less populated species! Now for that Yellow Horned!

Yesterday delivered my first Pale Pinion in a while whilst also adding another first - Leek Moth. Hopefully unconnected to the fact I planted leek seeds in the garden for the first time on Saturday (groan).

1 comment:

  1. Frosted Green is a nice garden record. It does appear sporadically here at Westcott but last year I had a dozen between 17th April and 12th May so I'm hopeful that it'll re-appear this year. Like you I've never had Yellow Horned in the garden (and it is probably over locally for this year now). It is in all the local oak woods but seems less likely to wander away from them than is Frosted Green.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.