Wednesday 8 April 2020

Able to post but unable to comment?

hi, as said I'm able to post but unable to comment.

I have multiple blogger IDs but I think "Mark Griffiths" is the default. When I come to the main page it shows me as logged out, I log in and it picks up the "Mark Griffiths" blogger ID. I can then post.

However if I then go to view the blog I get logged out. I log back in and I see the "back" of the blog where you can post, edit or delete.

If I want to comment right now I can't do it because it logs me out. The option for posting ID is "Google Account" (which in theory should be ok as I'm in the default Mark Griffiths google account")

Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mark

    I think I am in the same situation as you. What browser you use seems to affect this. I generally use IE and can login to blogger, post but not comment (google account, not named account). This is the same in safari. Someone last year advised that Chrome would be OK, which it is - I am commenting to you in Chrome under my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi both. I had a similar experience a few months ago, although I can't now remember the detail of what would or would not work. In the end, I discovered that it was something related to cookie-blocking and Blogger using cookies from a different domain for some actions. The only reliable solution that I found was to turn off all cookie-blocking before I log in to Blogger or visit this blog. Not great, but it works. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem last year when using the Safari browser on my Mac. However, no problem when using Firefox

    Richard Ellis
    Chorleywood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks one and all for your advice on this problem. I've added a note about it to the very bottom of the "Getting Started" tab so that it doesn't get lost this time (my memory isn't so good and I'm most definitely not a computer expert!). If anyone comes up with a definitive reason for the problem I'd be very interested to hear about it. I use IE myself on my PC and haven't had any trouble - perhaps things are different for moderators - but I know that I can post but not comment from my iPhone which uses Safari.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.