Monday 6 April 2020

Busiest trap so far


I have been trapping unspectacularly at intervals since January but last night was the first of any real warmth, and results. These included Streamer, Nut-tree Tussock and March Moth along side the trio below, on which I would much appreciate help. I think the first is Acleris literana and the second looks closest to Summer Fruit Tortrix to my inexpert eye, but is probably too early. As for pugs...

Apologies for the porr quality of the photos.

By the way, one effect of the lockdown has been my belated discovery of iRecord which has finally solved my long-standing recording logjam. I spent ages creating a chronological list of moths which I've sent to the Thames Valley Environmental Records Centre and have put on the Records page of my own blog; but iRecord (as recommended by Dave and approved by Martin T) is just the ticket - and very handy for 'slow' local walks as our daily exercise, which we and neighbours are using to build up a wider local plant and wildlife survey.

Hope everyone is keeping snug and well.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon







2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,
    Yes to Acleris literana, the middle one is Epiphyas postvittana (Light Brown Apple Moth) while the pug I think is Double-striped although it is not easy to be sure from that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as ever Dave - and for highlighting the lovely colour of Streamers. All vb. M

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.