Wednesday 20 May 2020

Another new-for-garden


For the second time in a week, a new moth has come here, provided that I am right in ID-ing it as Alder. The trap was very busy with visitors including Scorched Wing and Scorched Carpet, appropriately as a scorching day has followed, Figure-of-80 and these three pugs which I hope I am right as identifying as Oak-tree, albeit different in background colouring. But I don't count on it, to say the least.  Help appreciated, as ever.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon



3 comments:

  1. Hello Martin,
    Yes to Alder Moth, very nice. The third of your Pugs is a different species altogether, either Sloe or Green but I can't make out which from that picture. Both do eventually fade to grey but it is a bit early yet for that to have happened. However, shades of grey are all I can make out from your image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a Sloe Pug. They're often only faintly green and this one is quite fresh. Other two look like Oak-tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, both. That's a third new-for-garden here

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.