Saturday 23 May 2020

Possible Water Carpet?

Much improved catches on recent nights in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire, and I've been OK identifying most species and reacquainting myself with some which were familiar from my old garden. The one below, from 17th May, is, I'm fairly confident, a Water Carpet (I think that's a species which has been doing quite well this year?), which was by no means annual in my previous garden: could anyone confirm? Another welcome recent visitor was a Peppered Moth - again, not something I've been able previously to count on as a frequent visitor - but to my chagrin, I've managed to lose the photos from the night it turned up.

Steve Goddard
Possible Water Carpet, 17/5/20

2 comments:

  1. That's Broken-barred Carpet Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Adam -- classic case of getting a species into my head and sticking with it...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.