Thursday 21 May 2020

Red-tipped clearwing in Cookham

Alerted by Dave Wilton's post on the 19th May, I put my FOR clearwing lure out in the garden mid-afternoon yesterday. At 4:15pm a Red-tipped clearwing entered the trap, and about 20 minutes later it was joined by a second. Here is a photo of the colourful underside of this clearwing, where as Dave said the red seems to stand out particularly well.

Red-tipped clearwing - Cookham 20-May-2020
So Dave - please let me know when I need to put the next lure out!

Steve Trigg
Cookham

2 comments:

  1. I expect I'll start trying again this coming week but it may be worth mentioning now that I've seen reports of White-barred, Red-belted and Yellow-legged over the past few days so it is certainly worth giving the lures a go whenever the weather is suitable.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.