Tuesday 19 May 2020

Confirmations/corrections sought please

I caught these tricky beasts in the trap in my Sonning garden last night and would welcome confirmation of my id. I have had all three pugs before and the size and shape were right for the species which I think they are. The micros are both new for me.


                                                               Zeiraphera isertana ?

                                                                   Zeiraphera isertana ?

Dichorampha spp ?

White-spotted Pug ?

Brindled Pug ?

Oak-tree Pug?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alastair, the photo of the Dichrorampha is good and shows the grey outer edge of the cilia, so I think it is D. acuminatana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great - I was veering towards that so many thanks.

      Delete
  2. Your Zeiraphera isertana are Celypha lacunana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Peter. Annoyed I missed spotting that in Sterling and Parsons!

      Delete
  3. Pugs are Common, Oak-tree and Grey, in that order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear - I'll go to my room and think about what I've sad! Many thanks Martin.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.