Monday 10 August 2020

A Large Pug & Couple of Worn Moths to ID

In the warm weather there's been a definite pick-up in catches from my Actinic trap in central Oxford over the last few days though nothing too spectacular. I found a large Pug lurking in the trap area. I like to think that I know my commonest pugs by now but this is not something I've caught before.

 

Pug species

In addition I've got a couple of larger moths left over that are too worn for me to identify but someone more experienced might be able to get something from them.

Adam

Garden Dart? Hindwing was dull white in flight

Worn Cabbage?


3 comments:

  1. Hello Adam,

    The Pug is a Plain Pug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave, I guess that the others aren't do-able then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible it's a Dot Moth. But I wouldn't swear to it, Adam.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.