Friday 7 August 2020

Lesser-spotted Pinion and 2 micros

 Appalling photos I'm afraid, not getting on well with the new camera. I think, tucked away in a dark corner I have a Lesser-spotted Pinion. I was unable to get it out without it flying off but I've lightened the photo and it looks like it to me.
Then I think I have the first Agriphila tristella of the season.
The third/fourth one I don't know, it looks worn perhaps? If it's potentially interesting I still have it.
Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    Yes, that's Lesser-spotted Pinion which seems to have had a bit of a resurgence over the past few years. The "bullseye" in the centre of the wing is a good indicator. I agree with tristella and the other one looks like an Ephestia species (probably woodiella but really needs dissection to confirm).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dave. I'll send in the Ephestia to Peter.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.