Sunday 28 June 2020

Cypress Carpet and some more micros

Some good nights in Merton recently as elsewhere. A Cypress Carpet and Pine Shoot moth are both new for my garden, perhaps arriving with some ornamental conifer planting in the field behind? At least I think it's a Pine Shoot Moth,  too much of a crest for R. pinicolana?
I think the next micros are Homoeosoma sinuella, Acrobasis repandana and Mompha ochraceella looking at some of the recent posts. I am really not sure about the last four.....Any suggestions/confirmations welcome!










2 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,

    I'm not 100% sure about the Rhyacionia from that picture but you could be correct. The next three are as you say, Homoeosoma sinuella (which is having a really good year), Acrobasis repandana & Mompha ochraceella. The next is presumably one of the pine-feeding Cydia species but I can't place it with any confidence from that image. Then you have a tineid (one of the "Clothes Moth" species), one I don't recognize at all and the final moth is probably an oddly-coloured Phycita roborella (they can occasionally be very dark and obscurely marked). Not very much help I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for looking at them Dave and confirming some. I found them very hard to photograph. They were very lively in the heat!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.