Sunday 21 June 2020

A few more micros

These were trapped in my garden in Merton on Friday night, any ID help would be appreciated!
I think the first might be Eana incanana or a Cnephasia sp. The second could be a Bryotropha sp. Not sure at all about the third (very dark, more shading in the photo, and the fourth (2 photos) I wondered about Paraswammerdamia albicapitella, but they could be none of the above! Sorry I didn't measure them, but in the background there are the lines of a wide-ruled notebook lines 8mm apart.






2 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,

    The first is indeed a Cnephasia, so would need dissection to get to species. To me it doesn't look right for Eana incanana but even then dissection is often the best route - especially as you must be a little way away from any bluebell woods. I've had a good look at the next pair of images (lightening them in Photoshop) and they look good for Bryotropha terrella, while I think you are correct with the final pair as showing a rather worn Paraswammerdamia albicapitella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Dave. Good to at least be in the right 'ball park'....
    We may be a way from a bluebell wood, but have a lot of bluebells in the garden! More likely Cnephasia sp. all the same

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.