Monday 22 June 2020

Time to look for Foresters

Yesterday Chris Hazell sent me information about a site he had just found near Chalfont St Peter, Bucks. He had counted 155 Foresters. Far higher than any other count in the Bucks database and at a new site for the species.
From other reports it seems to be doing well this year, so now is a good time to go and look at suitable flowery meadows. Check your books etc for best habitats. The larvae feed on Common and Sheep's Sorrel.
Good luck and please let us know your findings.
Thanks to Adam Bassett who stimulated a few people to go looking in the Chalfont St Peter area.

Martin Albertini

2 comments:

  1. I went to the CSP site in Upway today on my way home, and saw 5-6 Foresters within my short visit, also a Yarrow Plume. I'll take a look at COAM as soon as I get a chance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Dave, you'll have to translate that!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.