Saturday 13 June 2020

Two new (for me)



I've been surprised to have two new macro moths for my garden list this week: a Lackey and a Dingy Shears. Researching the Lackey led me to Dave's fascinating post and picture here. I remember the caterpillars and those of Drinker moths from my schooldays. Lots of other nice things around including Beautiful Hook-wing and Marbles White-spot.

May I just check some micros, below?  I have the first two down as Variegated Golden Tortrix and the second as cnephasia spp. I've seen the third one before but can't just track it down.  Many thanks for all help.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon





2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin, regarding the micros you're correct on the first one, Archips xylosteana. The second is Aleimma loeflingiana and third third is Notocelia uddmanniana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nigel - all three in one go! V much appreciated I'm afraid that I'll be back with more soon. All v best M

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.