Thursday 18 June 2020

Host of queries





Sorry to bombard you with ID queries, but may I ask if I have got these right?  I make the top two Chrystroteuchia culmella and Emmelina monodactyla, the bottom two micros Celypha lacunana and Donacaula forficella and the four macros all Dwarf Cream Waves.  So I have tried! Many thanks for all help. Many moths arriving at the moment, though rain gave them and the MV bulb a rest last night. Oh, and bonus points for looper caterpillar ID.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon







1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin,

    I agree with all of your moths apart from Donacaula forficella. I find these large long-palped reed-feeders quite difficult to separate sometimes so I may be wrong, but I think your specimen is closer to Chilo phragmitella.

    As for the caterpillar - it is a pug but to me they are just as confusing at the larval stage as they are as adults!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.