Sunday 12 July 2020

Dichrorampha

I noticed this little dichrorampha sitting on a clematis leaf in my garden at midday today (fw c6.5mm) - I think it is vancouverana due to general coloration and a relatively inconspicuous dorsal blotch - this shows slightly better in the initial photo than the later close-up.

The micro-moth verification guidelines note this as 'can be confused with other species' rather than 'dissection required'. I have not seen one before, so would welcome thoughts on whether this needs to be retained.



Adam Bassett
Marlow Bottom

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,

    I've only seen vancouverana a couple of times (chopped in both cases) so I'm not all that familiar with doing it on sight. I'd recommend keeping it back for Peter at least on this first occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.