Monday 20 July 2020

Knot-grass or Poplar Grey..or Sycamore

Trying to sort these out in my mind. I have a picture from May that I had down as a Poplar Grey but I notice it has faint white marks where the wings come together, and the "smudge" isn't particularly pronounced so maybe Knot-Grass? The other one is this morning which was taken from an awkward angle (the straight on pics were too blurred) which I thought was a Knot-grass on account of those white marks.

Help?

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.


 

2 comments:

  1. As you say, the white "tear-drop" marking is clearly visible in the second image, Mark, so that's definitely a Knot Grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok great, and I assume the first one was a Poplar Gray.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.