Sunday 12 July 2020

A few micros

These micros were all from last night. I feel I ought to know at least some of them but I'm having one of those days! Any help welcome. They are 6, 9.5, 9, 9  and 8.5mm in length respectively.
I thought 2 might be Ancylis achatana and 4 and 5 probably the same species.






The photo I posted some time ago suggesting it might be Aphelia/Zelotherses unitana has now been confirmed by Peter. With fresh specimens it does seem reasonably easy to pick out from paleana.

Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,

    That's good news about Z.unitana! As for your queries here, I'm not 100% sure about the first but think it likely to be Cydia fagiglandana although it is a bit "short" (could perhaps be Zeiraphera isertana although doesn't look quite right there either). The second, as you say, is Ancylis achatana, then you have Lobesia abscisana and 2 x Grapholita funebrana (I'm getting a lot of them at the moment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first is Cydia fagiglandana - I get loads of these and there is some variability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your help. I should have got these as they are all ones I have had before!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.