Friday 17 July 2020

Zelleria oleastrella?

I was left puzzled by the following micro in my Actinic trap this morning in my garden.

Zelleria oleastrella?
My go-to moth Id person - Sean Foote @MothIDUK on Twitter, has suggested Zelleria oleastrella of which according to the UK Moths website "Only a handful of records of this southern European species have been recorded in Britain to date". Is the ID correct and if so are they still very rare or are they more common now?

Adam Hartley,
Central Oxford

2 comments:

  1. Looks OK to me Adam. I had one last year in S. Bucks which was a county first. I think there are still not many national records and although it may be a migrant, it is probably also imported in olive trees via the horticultural trade. Nice record.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.