Wednesday 22 July 2020

More lure success

Having been successful with the LUN lure in the morning, I thought I would try out some more during the day. FOR, as ever, failed to attract Red-tipped Clearwing, which is not too surprising given the habitat. I tried VES in the afternoon - I have only ever had Orange-tailed to this in the past and have already had several of these this year and cannot understand given the suitable habitat why Yellow-legged does not appear. However, this afternoon, a check at 4;30pm revealed no Orange-tailed but two Yellow-legged, so very pleased with that. Maybe the addition of a trap this year rather than watching a bag is the difference.

There was also a micro moth in the trap, which looked like a yellow-headed Niditinea type - not T. caprimulgella as for the LUN lure. I made a note of its markings, but in trying to pot it managed to lose it - the curved surface of the trap walls does not help when trying to use a flat surfaced pot! Does anyone know of any micros attracted to VES? I couldn't obviously see anything on the internet.


Adam Bassett
Marlow Bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.