Thursday 23 July 2020

The one that got away

I must revise my sequence when setting out to try a lure. Its usually put the lure out while I get my net and pots out etc - WRONG! I decided to try for Yellow-legged Clearwing in a layby near the entrance to Langley Park after work tonight. I put the VES lure out on the car bonnet. Within about 30 seconds a very smart Yellow-legged appeared catching me empty handed. True to form it only stayed for around 5 seconds and then flew off never to return! I gave it another hour but no show. So the moral of the story is be prepared just in case of a very very quick response! I will try again tomorrow and this time.........

1 comment:

  1. So that's your excuse for hanging round in laybys...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.