Tuesday 19 July 2022

A few more micro queries

 A few from Sunday night for confirmation please...or otherwise!

1. This looks to be spot-on for Neocochylis hybridella, but I am dubious as there is no chalk anywhere nearby.






2. This looks closest to Epinotia nisella, but the golden colour around the dorsum seems too extensive and not reddish enough, so again I have my doubts.


3. And finally one where I have three options, but none seems exactly right. A faded Lobesia abscisana, a faded Piniphila bifasciana, or Orthotaenia undulana.


Suggestions/corrections/confirmations much appreciated as always.

Thanks

Phil T


2 comments:

  1. Hi Phil,
    I agree with hybridella and it certainly isn't restricted to the chalk. It is common in a number of habitats and I get it here frequently on the clay. The next one doesn't ring any bells, I'm afraid (nisella has just started flying, for what that's worth). The last one looks to me like a worn Lobesia abscisana.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.