Saturday 9 July 2022

Mostly micros

A few more waifs and strays from recent days in my garden in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire; they're mainly micros - indeed, they might all be. This is the one about which I'm in doubt; I really should recognise it, but I don't even know which angle it'll be illustrated from, and I'm not sure whether it's a micro or a macro. It was 8mm long.


Unknown, 6th July 2022

This, around 6-7mm long, looks to me a little like Grapholita lobazewskii, but the photo may be too poor to tell.

Possible Grapholita lobarzewskii, 6th July 2022

I wonder whether this is Cydia fagiglanda, around 9mm long.

Possible Cydia fagiglanda, 22nd June 2022

And a couple which look identifiable, but which I can't make anything of. The first might be a Eucosma of some sort; the second I'm not sure about at all.

Possible Eucosma, 4th July 2022

Unknown micro, 23rd June 2022

As ever, all suggestions very welcome indeed.

Steve Goddard

2 comments:

  1. Hello Steve,
    The first is Anarsia innoxiella, new to science in 2017 so not yet in "the book", but there have been plenty of blog posts about it including a couple this year, the last being on 20th June "Is this Syncopacma larseniella?". You are in the right area with the Grapholita and it will be either lobarzewskii or janthinana. The next is indeed Cydia fagiglandana (note spelling!), then you have Rhopobota naevana and Celypha lacunana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave -- the main other reason why I should have known the Anarsia is that I had one (my first) about this time last year... Thank you for that and the others -- I'm annoyed at not confidently identifying the lacunana.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.