Monday 26 July 2021

Cloaked Carpets?

 It's been a long time since I've posted on here but I'm still busy mothing at every given opportunity. Last night I had 60 Macro species which was pretty good and amongst them were what I'm pretty sure are two Cloaked Carpets. Woukd someone be kind enough to confirm this? The second year in a row I have caught them. I was also delighted to catch my first ever Drinker. What a funny little moth. I also had two Festoon and a female Black Archers.





Many thanks, Lorna Woolhouse, Checkendon, South Oxon 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lorna,
    Yes, those are Cloaked Carpet which is an uncommon species in our area so you are very lucky to have them residing locally. I'm surprised that you haven't previously had Drinker in your trap because it is such a common moth, especially in woodland.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.